[VoiceOps] Ringback issues when calling T-Mobile?

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Tue Nov 2 15:16:01 EDT 2021

We had a couple reports of ringback issues with Verizon handsets last week.
The SIP signaling doesn't have any oddities like you experienced but the
customer indicated that they heard dead air instead of ringback tone.

Your signaling looks like Comcast sent it out provider #1 which sent back a
183 ringing but a time out timer expired and they route advanced to a
second provider which sent back a 180. If the time that you received the
first 183 packet was small, then this theory is dead.