[VoiceOps] Can't Figure This Scam Out

Brooks Bridges brooks at firestormnetworks.net
Thu Nov 11 12:03:16 EST 2021

It's likely being done as a way to track searches.  I was involved in a
company (that shall remain unnamed) that did something very similar.
They provision a DID that's forwarded to the "real" number, and display
that in the search results so they can track that a search resulted in a
call.  It's data gathering.