[VoiceOps] Robocall Blocking using National Do Not Call Registry

Calvin Ellison calvin.ellison at voxox.com
Tue Oct 19 18:08:19 EDT 2021

I've noticed in the SIP responses coming through our termination LCR a few
that mention calls blocked due to DNIS listed on the Do Not Call Registry.
I've also seen DNC blocking mentioned in other robocall blocking contexts.
I understand the benefit in doing this, but I don't understand how carriers
are able to use the DNC this way. Is there some exemption to the DNC rules
that permit this use case? The rules as they are written on the DNC website
indicate that I would need an active Subscriber Account Number from each of
my clients in order to perform any kind of DNC filtering, with controls to
ensure each client is only dipping the area codes they are paying for. Is
using the DNC across an entire network for robocall blocking actually a
misuse of the DNC?

Calvin Ellison

Systems Architect

calvin.ellison at voxox.com

+1 (213) 285-0555

<http://voxox.com>

<https://www.facebook.com/VOXOX/> <https://www.instagram.com/voxoxofficial/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/3573541/admin/>
<https://twitter.com/Voxox>

The information contained herein is confidential and privileged information
or work product intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed. Any unauthorized use, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, please notify me immediately.