[VoiceOps] thinQ is making hay while Bandwidth is down

Ivan Kovacevic ivan.kovacevic at startelecom.ca
Tue Sep 28 09:42:27 EDT 2021

Local number porting seems like a lot of effort and a bit tedious from a
failover/redundancy perspective. We tell our (mostly contact centre)
clients to use TFNs if they want to have redundancy. We run a multi-carrier
TFN setup and can shift traffic from carrier to carrier pretty quickly
without having to coordinate with anyone. As long as SMS/800 is behaving...
our NOC is in control.

TFN rates have gone down sufficiently not to be a roadblock from a
commercial perspective.

[image: Star Telecom - Cloud Communications and Customer Experience
Solutions] <https://www.startelecom.ca/>

*Ivan Kovacevic*

*Co-Founder and VP Client Services*

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 12:33 AM Paul Timmins <ptimmins at clearrate.com>
wrote:

> There is literally no TECHNICAL reason they can't. I've helped out other
> local carriers with some problems where we took over numbers in less than
> 10 minutes between wireline carriers and just set up forwarding for their
> customers til the outage was resolved. I moved 200 of my own numbers from
> another local carrier to my own network with 5 minutes notice coordinating
> the port over ICQ back when that was a thing. It's been possible for years,
> people just don't often do it.
>
> If both carriers log into LTI at the same time and build the subscription
> and the matching release, the number can be ported instantly. I pulled an
> old cell phone like that by logging into syniverse, submitting a WLSR to
> Sprint, and immediately built the subscription, they immediately matched it
> electronically, and I clicked activate and the number was on me, bam.
>
> The real issue is getting the losing carrier to remove the routes (or
> setting TAT triggers that do an LNP dip before terminating so the calls
> route correctly the second they're updated in NPAC) and if that is done,
> then you're good to go. If I was a company like thinq, I'd work with my
> partner carriers to let me move my numbers around between them quickly in a
> similar fashion to create a real differentiated product.
>
> -Paul
>
> > On Sep 27, 2021, at 5:53 PM, Alex Balashov via VoiceOps <
> voiceops at voiceops.org> wrote:
> >
> > No, nobody can “flash-port” numbers to a different LRN like that. Anyone
> who claims this has a bridge to sell you.
> >
> > This capability is indeed limited to SMS/800.
> >
> >> On Sep 27, 2021, at 5:47 PM, Carlos Alvarez <caalvarez at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> It would be interesting if they could do DID re-routing quickly
> >
> > --
> > Alex Balashov | Principal | Evariste Systems LLC
> >
> > Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)
> > Web: http://www.evaristesys.com/, http://www.csrpswitch.com/

NOTE: This email message and
any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the
sender by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of
the original
message.