[VoiceOps] Bandwidth - Monday Outage

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Thu Sep 30 08:50:08 EDT 2021

I know about peering well.

Why I ask is that from an IP traffic engineering scenario, PNIs are great. They really limit the failure domain. However, because there are very few details coming out, we don't know if it's even a data capacity limitation. Maybe the SBCs are maxed out in terms of compute capacity and therefore, bypassing the Internet doesn't actually do anything for you.

Maybe there's more to it than just a DDoS.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com