[VoiceOps] VoIP SMS Campaign Fees

Brandon Svec bsvec at teamonesolutions.com
Tue Feb 15 18:21:55 EST 2022

RingCentral started sending messages like this today.  I suppose others may
follow?

  Hello,

We are writing to let you know about an upcoming change to SMS that’s
affecting the entire industry. Recently, mobile carriers have begun
treating all SMS from businesses large and small as commercial messaging.
The mobile industry has added new registration requirements, and additional
fees for sending and receiving SMS. They’ve also imposed new policies that
we have summarized here
<https://info.ringcentral.com/MDc1LURUQi03MTUAAAGCng7lt0vfsF5No4RhXgM826_pR9JaNgxfWelHAco-V1MrXVbXWVKPTvTyMrn4Tlk3poqlP30=>
.

We have been working with the carriers to address these changes, increase
the deliverability of your SMS messages, and help protect you from
potential carrier fines.

To accomplish this, we have reinvisioned domestic SMS, and are excited to
launch our RingCentral Enhanced Business SMS solution with new pricing and
a number of monthly free SMS messages starting March 17, 2022.* *With our
new pricing most customers, including yourself, are expected to be covered
by these monthly allowances.*

In January, your company used an estimated 1746 messages of the 8000
included with your plan. Once this allowance is exhausted, you will be
charged a transparent, flat rate of $0.0085 per SMS message sent or
received, and $0.013 per MMS sent or received. For example, if you send 100
SMS messages above your allowance, you would only pay 85¢.

To help save your company more money, we also offer bulk prepaid SMS at a
discounted rate if you need to send more.

You can learn more about these changes and how allowances are calculated by
scheduling a meeting with your sales representative, or reading more here
<https://info.ringcentral.com/MDc1LURUQi03MTUAAAGCng7ltiq_e8c9C-iH9ro86naWms7maamahCdRf0TbZdf47Fu_9s1oXxqVweVEnWsObxMOII8=>
.

*Customers may also be required to register individual brand and/or
campaign information with The Campaign Registry (the mobile carriers’
preferred hub for managing SMS campaigns), which may result in additional
fees.
*Brandon Svec*