[VoiceOps] Identity Header Test Tool

Pete Eisengrein peeip989 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:44:05 EDT 2022

Thanks for this, David, very helpful.

Earlier Lee asked, *"If term provider 2 has TDM trunks with term provider
1, there would be no headers to pass, correct?"* This is one of the (many)
flaws to the SHAKEN implementation. It ignores the fact that there's still
tons of legacy telco networking out there. And as such, an awful lot of
traffic is having its attestation stripped. There's an out-of-band API
lookup that can be used, but I don't think anyone's using it, really.
Today, a small percentage of traffic we receive is attested. It's hard to
turn on verification if most of the traffic is going to get flagged as
possible spam -- it's like the boy who cried wolf.