[VoiceOps] [External] Re: [External] Re: [External] Re: 9-8-8 dialing when an outside line access code (9) is being used

Hunter Fuller hf0002+nanog at uah.edu
Mon Jul 18 21:26:12 EDT 2022

I'm hearing what you are saying, but I don't understand it. As I said,
988 is the first problem we have had, and thus it is the first
indication that this is even unusual in the first place. I could see
why you would find no reason to do it greenfield but I don't see the
motivation to rip it out. That's why I ask what other problem it has,
or what other reason there is to consider it outdated.
(Aside from "it was initially done for a reason that is no longer
relevant" - that does not hold water to me because phone numbers
themselves exist for the same reason. If we invented VoIP today,
everyone would use SIP URIs only, so it would be the same as your
email address.)

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey