[VoiceOps] STI-CA average pricing

dfrigen at wabash.net dfrigen at wabash.net
Wed Jun 8 09:49:19 EDT 2022

All, Clarification: SHAKEN is not "IP only". ATIS, develops most telecom
industry standards. Two TDM SHAKEN Standards have been approved in the last
year at ATIS through industry committees (committees that are open to anyone
willing to join and participate).

Wabash has been successfully SHAKEN authenticating TDM calls for about a
year and a half on Ribbon C15 switches; with no special upgrades; using
TransNexus as the CA + Call Placement Service. We are a small-medium sized
cooperative in rural southern Illinois

Like everything else in this world, a few bad people ruin things for masses
of good people. No one in our industry, including the big carriers, wanted
to reduce our profit or margins. SHAKEN is a necessary evil to weed out bad
actors and restore the integrity of our reputations and the PSTN. Once
SHAKEN is fully implemented (post 2023') any calls caught falsely attesting
on the PSTN will be dealt with at a federal level. Anyone in their right
mind and who cares about their own reputation and destiny will simply refuse
to do business with, or accept any traffic from, bad actors. In a nutshell,
that's how SHAKEN will be a success.

Dave