[VoiceOps] STIR for intra-net calls

Mark Lindsey lindsey at e-c-group.com
Mon Jun 27 11:31:13 EDT 2022

The rough consensus I've observed is that you only compute the PASSporT as the call is leaving the network. This is a helpful article about one form of intra-network tagging. Verizon is a customer of Metaswitch, and hints at SIPNOC presentations suggest that they're doing things the way it's described here with Attestation-Info and Origination-ID.

https://www.metaswitch.com/blog/stir-shaken-how-do-i-tag-calls-in-my-network

To hear a bit more recent news, you can watch the briefings here:
https://www.sipforum.org/news-events/sipnoc-2022-overview/schedule/

This presentation <https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7021235385788740876> would be a good one to start with.

Mark R Lindsey | SMTS | +1-229-316-0013 | mark at ecg.co
Schedule a meeting <https://ecg.co/lindsey/schedule>