[VoiceOps] SHAKEN testing services

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Mon Jun 27 18:33:44 EDT 2022

Is there a list somewhere of third-party SHAKEN testing services available to the public?  Although our own STI-VS can validate our own PASSporTs signed by our newly-minted private key, I want to verify what the world at-large is seeing before I flip the switch on for all outgoing calls (& potentially cause a bunch of problems if it turns out that something's wrong).  So I'm envisioning something along the lines of a phone # one can call, and then get a report back of whether the terminating provider was able to validate the contents of the Identity header or not, and if not what the exact problem is.  (Obviously the path between us and them would need to be IP end-to-end unless out-of-band SHAKEN is in place for the PSTN "glue" circuit.)

I've found a couple, but the results for the ones I've tried (e.g., IDT BYOC) are woefully simplistic and don't really explain what went wrong if something does go wrong.

Thanks,

-- Nathan