[VoiceOps] Carriers / TCR requiring NetNumber ID for SMS, even P2P

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Wed May 4 19:08:09 EDT 2022

Your statement is misleading, borderline wrong.

It's $200 just to sign up with TCR.

Then it is a variable fee based on how many DIDs you are attempting to
register.

     Low Volume: $2 per MONTH per DID (non-time-sensitive)

Undisclosed how much it costs if NOT Low Volume.

Then carriers can add on their own per-DID and per-campaign fees.

And this is ONLY for 10DLC A2P SMS -- BUSINESS or BULK SMS, not P2P,
person-to-person SMS.

Look at the pricing Commio is putting out regarding T-Mobile:
https://www.thinq.com/blog/t-mobile-10dlc-text-messaging-fee-changes/

     - $50 Campaign Service Activation Fee
     - $50 Campaign Migration Fee
     - $2,000 one-time NNID Registration
     - $10,000 pass-through fee if T-Mobile doesn't like your SMS
     - $1,000 pass-through fee if they think you're evading the rules

Bandwidth increasing per-SMS fees too:
https://support.bandwidth.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500002422242-10DLC-Overview

Can you imagine your cost basis as a small carrier, to increase your direct
costs of a DID by 10x or more, just to allow your customer to send and
receive SMS messages?

Please note:
     I am discussing P2P -- PERSON-TO-PERSON -- NOT A2P, BUSINESS-TO-PERSON

See the CTIA Best Practices for the difference between the content of the
two.

Beckman