[VoiceOps] Arbitration or Peering?

Matthew Yaklin myaklin at firstlight.net
Wed May 11 16:41:36 EDT 2022

I just read over the blog and I am not understanding how the money is being made here via “exorbitant access fees to terminate calls”. I fully understand the old way though.

Can IPES providers dictate what people pay for them terminating a call from the wholesale provider? What part of the puzzle am I also missing that allows a money making scheme from inbound calls being generated by a bad actor?

I feel like the “hosting lec end office” is the same scummy LECs that were doing it in the past. They must be using the IPES as a way to avoid the local/access tandems to keep the high billing going?!?

Matt