[VoiceOps] 911 Database Stuff

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Mon Nov 14 09:16:48 EST 2022

I'm working to build an Excel document to help generate the appropriate lines for a NENA SOI file.

Where can I find when I would use what setting in the "Type of Service" field? Almost anywhere I go just lists the types out.

"Non-published" makes sense. If it's a non-published number, then don't display the caller info to dispatch, if state regulations dictate so. To shift liability in keeping that straight, just always file that correctly, regardless of what the rules of the state are at the time.

Some Googling has me believing that "Foreign Exchange" is when my switch isn't in the rate center that the caller is. Is that correct and if so, what difference does that make?

What's a "911 serving area"?

LNP? Is that supposed to be if they have been ported or not? What if they ported, but also fit under one of the other categories?

Interim Ported Number? That one seems self-explanatory, but again, what if they also fit one of the other categories?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com