[VoiceOps] Tandem Dropping Calls

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Tue Oct 4 14:46:52 EDT 2022

To close the loop...

This morning Frontier reported an errant CIC code being sent with the call, but didn't know if that was the cause or not. My own troubleshooting proved that out. I ended up checking Metaswitch and found a variety of other customers with bad CIC codes entered. No idea why they haven't had issued, but I'll have our people fix all of them.

Once I fixed the CIC code for the problem customer, I found that one of the three numbers was rejected for no destination, verifying to me that NPANXX isn't on that tandem and removing it from that NV table.

Frontier called 15 seconds after I implemented the last fix. I explained everything to the guy that called and he said, "That's not the strangest thing we've had lately, but it sure is up there."

I feel vindicated when the other party is as confused as I am, but then embarrassed when it was a silly garbage in\garbage out problem.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com