[VoiceOps] 911 Database Stuff

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Tue Oct 18 18:21:39 EDT 2022

Going through a migration from E911 to NG911, I've been peering into what and how we do 911, both old and new.

A) Not all services have a web UI for you to make changes. Intrado does, but the new one does not. Only way is to upload SOI files. I guess we gotta figure out how to do that.
B) We have more entries than we have TNs.
C) People are bad at documentation.

I'm assuming we should be deleting records for customers that disconnected service. I'm not sure we've done that, based on the records that I see.
For customers that port away, I'm assuming we're supposed to be unlocking the TN for the new provider to take over the record.
If I unlock it, but the new provider never migrates away, what do I do with it?
What happens if a provider inserts a duplicate record?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com