[VoiceOps] Outbound Calls being marked as SPAM

Mark R Lindsey lindsey at e-c-group.com
Wed Apr 5 16:54:23 EDT 2023

Matt, That's really helpful. The ATIS NNI documents functionally set the standard for many of these matters, and number formatting ("canonicalization") is one of the big ones. You can find some details on the canonicalization algorithm in some of their docs:
https://access.atis.org/apps/group_public/download.php/67436/ATIS-1000074.v003.pdf
https://access.atis.org/apps/group_public/download.php/63572/IPNNI-2022-00009R000.docx

The number formatting is summarized several places like this:
...treat the calling TN as if it were an E.164 number; i.e., canonicalize the calling TN to remove any leading “+” sign or visual separators (i.e., “.”, “-”, “(”, and “)”)

Thus the "orig" value for a STIR/SHAKEN header should be something like "12293160013"  (because the country code is 1), and when the UK is sending PASSporT's someday, the orig value would be something like "442078702900" (because 44 is the UK country code).

Mark R Lindsey | +1-229-316-0013 | mrl at ecg.co | Schedule a Meeting <https://ecg.co/lindsey/schedule> | Newsletter <https://www.linkedin.com/newsletters/mark-lindsey-voice-7021614437413330944/>