[VoiceOps] Directory Listings

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Mon Aug 21 18:16:54 EDT 2023

We've come across some legacy customers that have directory listings through us (or, well, at least we're paying Frontier for them).

    1. Are those a thing in the VoIP space? Can I go to {insert SIP provider here} and they can place directory listings, unpublish numbers, etc.?
    2. Are directories a thing anywhere anymore? I haven't seen a new one in probably 15 years. I understand that I'm not the target demographic, but I'm not even sure where I'd go (short of Googling) to get one. Are we paying for something that has no benefit anymore?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com