[VoiceOps] STIR/SHAKEN warning!

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Mon Jul 3 20:05:11 EDT 2023

Am 30.06.2023 um 23:00 schrieb Mary Lou Carey via VoiceOps:
> I've heard from several clients that their upstream carrier told them
> they don't need to worry about being STIR/SHAKEN compliant because they
> are taking care of everything for them.
>
> THAT IS NOT CORRECT! Every phone company is required to have its own
> certificate/token!

What if I'm an European telecom operator and have US-based end-users
(via SIP) who are calling to the US and who would like to signal their
United States A-number to the called party?

What if I'm an European telecom operator and have Euro end-users (via
SIP) who are calling to the US and who would like to signal their
European A-number to the called party?

If I try to register here -
https://authenticatereg.iconectiv.com/register - "Country: United
States" is hard-coded.

Is there a way for Euro TSPs to get STIR/SHAKEN without creating a US
entity/company just for this purpose?