[VoiceOps] No-commit international calling

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 18:46:36 EDT 2023

Ill Totally agree with Dovid here,

It's a huge mess, and a massive PITA, and this kind of thing have
the possibility be the demise of the voice industry.  (because it will
force more traffic to OTT communications)

I built and operate a Tier 1 in Australia, and I know that as a result of
Scam / Spam call regulation, the whole CLI presentation thing is just all
over the shop.

1 Carrier has started with an automated IVR ( "Press 1 to connect your
call" ) if they dont like your traffic, in an attempt to cut down on
robocall's to their customers.
Another has just notified that they are now not accepting international CLI
to their customers, and / or are restricting it heavily on some paths.

It's gotten SO bad infact, that part of me wishes for something like
STIR/SHAKEN  just so we have an industry wide standard, rather than the
wild west we have right now.

If you have good / clean traffic to Australia, you can hit me up.
If it's only a few hundred $$ per month, I'm going to direct you to our
retail offering, sorry.

Sincerely

Jay