[VoiceOps] 911 Records of Inbound-Only TNs

Mike Hammett voiceops at ics-il.net
Tue Mar 21 12:55:05 EDT 2023

Are you setting up 911 records for all numbers assigned to customers or just ones that would be dialing out?

We pull customer numbers all of the time that served no original purpose other than for a legacy operator that needed to put a phone number on every line a customer had. We keep them because people likely saved those ancillary numbers in their contact lists, and it's just easier to port it than to fight "Billy can't reach me because he saved an old number that YOU canceled" tickets. However, no one will ever call out of that number - it's inbound only. We're trying to figure out what to do with all of those numbers from a 911 perspective. If no one would ever call out of that number, there's no technical need to have it. I'm not sure what would legally or best practices required of it.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com