[VoiceOps] dynect oracle end of life

Glenn McGurrin puck-nether-net-lists at cloudoptimizedsmb.com
Tue May 23 23:17:42 EDT 2023

No special migration tools, though they can import a bind zone file if
Oracle will export it, and some (paid) custom import options but I've
had a good relationship with https://www.cloudns.net/aff/id/87223/ for
DNS.  I don't personally use dynamic dns much but it's one of their
features.  I've used them since 2016 for hosting a few zones as a master
dns server and more zones where they are slaved to a hidden master
server I run and they have been very affordable and reliable and fairly
high performance in my experience.  Zone updates take a minute or two to
propagate.  They offer good info on propagation status, and for me
that's plenty fast for changes to go out, especially given just how many
servers it's pushing the record out to, but I know that in some special
cases that may not be quite fast enough.