[VoiceOps] Voice Peering

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Tue Oct 24 14:59:43 EDT 2023

There was a project, ENUMER, to put DIDs in a blockchain and an ENUM server
lookup frontend to it to facilitate peering. I didn't saw many entries in
the database back when it launched. I haven't looked in a while and don't
remember which blockchain it was on.

I believe TNS and Neustar operate a private ENUM peering service. XConnect
used to but I didn't see it on their webpage when I looked today.

I vaguely recall hearing that Mavenir offered a service for cellular
providers to exchange HD Voice traffic between each other in the US. Like
the Cable Labs ENUM peering service, I think its a private club offering
only.

On the Toll Free side, Teliax offers tollfree.exchange which allows
RESPORGs to join directly, hand off calls between each other, and set rates.