[VoiceOps] A2P-aaS

Mike Johnston mjohnston at wiktel.com
Sun Sep 10 14:11:39 EDT 2023

That's what we use for automated notifications to on-call techs of P1
tickets.  We wrote code to email a short message to the appropriate
domain.  This list we use is Inteliquent's:

https://help.inteliquent.com/sending-emails-to-sms-or-mms

For example:
   AT&T: number at txt.att.net (SMS), number at mms.att.net (MMS)
   T-Mobile: number at tmomail.net (SMS & MMS)
   Verizon: number at vtext.com (SMS), number at vzwpix.com (MMS)

We do an LRN lookup on the number, to know which one to use.

I'm not sure if we cache the LRN or not for this very specific
application, since the ticket might be informing the tech that LRN
lookups are broken/timing out.  And besides, our on-call employees are
not changing their cell provider very often.

-Mike