[VoiceOps] How much will the TRACED act help with international orignated robocalls

Pinchas Neiman neimanpinchas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 11:15:42 EDT 2023

Hi, A friend of mine complained to me about receiving numerous robocalls
from international sources. While it seems to be way above average, and he
seems to be targeted (due to popularity, age, etc.), the point is that
international robocalls are still continuing.

I am wondering about the efforts by the US government to mitigate
robocalls, and whether all the implemented traceback methods are
relevant only for US-originated calls, or whether they will work also for
international calls. Basically, I wonder whether it’s possible to trace
back an international call, and how much this trace back will help. (Could
they originate a call without assistance from a US-based company?)

I offered him a simple solution to place an IVR on incoming calls, so at
least he could filter out the robots. Maybe there are other practical
solutions.

Any thoughts?
--
*Pinchas S. Neiman*
Software Engineer At ESEQ Technology Corp.