[VoiceOps] CLID weirdness

Dave Brockman dave at brockmans.com
Thu Sep 21 19:49:31 EDT 2023

On 9/21/2023 7:40 PM, Carlos Alvarez via VoiceOps wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2023 at 3:49:46 PM, Dave Brockman via VoiceOps
> <voiceops at voiceops.org <mailto:voiceops at voiceops.org>> wrote:
>>>

>> The Trunk CLID is set to the main (problem) DID.  This is the default
>> unless overridden at the extension or outbound route.  For my tests, I
>> have a singular extension that I set to different DIDs (including the
>> main) and/or send the Trunk default.  Same results either way.  Main DID
>> comes across as private, other DIDs come across correct.
>
> 3CX has some very detailed settings on CLID presentation, which I’ve had
> to fight in the past.  Before going into those details, let’s try
> something crazy.  Set the main trunk CLID to some other valid number,
> then set an extension to the main number, and try a call.
>
> You are also free to call a “throwaway” DID on my system, which will
> just tell you that I don’t want calls.  I give it to potential
> spammers.  But then I can see what presentation I get.  602-368-6419

Thank you, and thank you to the gentleman who responded off-list.  I
will be onsite again tomorrow morning, and I will try your suggestions,
and I will send you a few calls, and follow up with timestamps and DIDs
presented.  I hope a unicast email will not be too presumptuous on my
part to disclose the above.

With Gratitude,

Dave Brockman
Senior Network Engineer