[VoiceOps] Has anyone seen this? Voice UCaaS application on iPhone generated call: switching source IP address mid-call with no SIP signaling to indicate

Richard Jobson richard at teraquant.com
Mon Jun 3 22:31:37 EDT 2024

Hi Nathan

Thank you for your analysis & especially your “Hmm, maybe with scenario #2”, - roaming off Wi-Fi on to cellular ..

I thought this might be of interest to the community as there are only so many Wireless IMS Network operators & UC/CCaaS apps are so popular, this might be a systematic problem of wider interest.

these iPhone-originated calls are made by a vendor UC/CCaaS app over standard VoLTE/IMS Network via our ITSP softswitch/feature svr (same vendor as the UC App) our UCaaS core. It might be internet on the access/mobile side (as you say Wi-Fi) but its the carrier's IMS core/private network to us.

It is NAT & IPv4

Many Thanks & Best Regards,

For your convenience, please click here<https://calendly.com/richard-406/30min> to schedule a time for us to talk.

Richard Jobson
Teraquant Corporation
ph: 719 488 1003
d/l: (719) 766-8523
www.teraquant.com<http://www.teraquant.com/>
richard at teraquant.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/uc-expert-monitoring/

Network Monitoring and Service Assurance - Speech Quality Experts (PESQ/POLQA) and Active Testing - Reporting – HPBX - Session Border Controllers – SASE and SD-WAN - Big Data Analytics, fraud detection and protection.

--
NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, copying, or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender via e-mail.