[VoiceOps] Has anyone seen this? Voice UCaaS application on iPhone generated call: switching source IP address mid-call with no SIP signaling to indicate

Jeff Brower jbrower at signalogic.com
Tue Jun 4 13:04:06 EDT 2024

  Hi Nathan-

In our RFC8108 experience (so far), SSRC changes are a common
occurrence but codec type rarely changes. **  As you mention, it's
simply a "new stream", for example a handoff between cell towers.

Regarding an IP addr/port change with SSRC staying the same, as I
recall one problem we were seeing is in some cases there are
concurrent changes in RTP payload type, timestamps and/or sequence
numbers. I believe that's why we still have it as a config option -
i.e. user has to enable this and decide how to treat those changes.

-Jeff

** in any case, we implement a new codec and jitter buffer on each new
SSRC to avoid any audio artifacts. Also interesting to note that
sometimes a prior SSRC resumes

Links:
------
[1] http://www.teraquant.com/