[VoiceOps] One Way Audio - Frontier Comm (Los Angeles area)

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Fri Mar 8 12:01:19 EST 2024

Whaaaaaaaa...?

Do you mean that, in response to inbound UDP traffic, something was sending
back, like, TCP RST?  Or there was an actual payload inside with an English
text string?

Was the source IP just the same as the IP you were targeting, or seemingly some
carrier router in the middle?

Did you happen to save a pcap of these TCP packet(s) that were coming back to
you?  Because this I've gotta see...

If they're just sending back TCP RST, then I guess I could envision a *really*
broken or misconfigured firewall doing something like that.  Still...damn
strange.

-- Nathan