[vyatta-nsp] BGP IPv6 neighbor activation issue

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Wed Sep 7 18:06:20 EDT 2011

Hello All:

I have configured several Vyatta routers with v6 peers.  I have set no-ipv4-unicast as default as well.  When I configure a v6 peer, it sets the peer to "activate" in both the address-family v6 and in the non-address-family configuration and, as such, updates v4 routes via the v6 peer.  I also have v4 peers to the same routers and I don't want the v4 routes carried on the v6 peer.

Is there a way in the Vyatta configuration to disable the "activate" statement in the non-address-family configuration?  I've gone into vtysh and removed the lines and it works as expected, but I don't think that change will carry past a reboot.

Thanks,

Mike