[nsp] Dumb question - i.e. RFC BGP

From: Tim Devries (zsolutions@cogeco.ca)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 02:42:50 EDT

Ok, I'm feeling a little lazy, but I'm also interested in getting the first
hand knowledge from people (hopefully more knowledgeable then myself). I'm
wondering if there is a bgp RFC out there that specifies that ibgp peers
cannot be multihomed to one AS <or any> (w/ no redistrib. connected -
assuming 2 interfaces), without being connected (via layer 2,3 - but layer 1
fiber between buildings, not necessarily lit for <pick your ;) > reason),
not using confederations or route reflectors, and no funny business on the
administrative distance using the connected route.

LOL@! Damn that was a hard sentence to structure. Does this RFC exist?

Thanks,

-Tim