Re: [nsp] MSFC2 128,000 route limitation

From: dre (andre@operations.net)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 14:16:04 EDT

According to
http://www.apnic.net/stats/bgp/TOTAL/totalann.html
it looks like it's actually been as high as 119k routes.
This is the largest I've seen it from the reports:

I'm not sure if Sup3/PFC3 is going to solve these problems,
but I heard it will not be EFT until October/November. I
haven't talked to the Cisco Product Managers about the 6500
product line in quite some time, so this may have changed.

It appears that the Sup2 may not hold it's value at the
edge for holding the full BGP routing table, but that
doesn't exclude it from being used for other purposes.

-dre