Re: [nsp] 7500 cybus utilization question

From: Stephen Sprunk (ssprunk@cisco.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 10:38:38 EDT

Thus spake "Dmitri Kalintsev" <dek@hades.uz>
> Busiest interfaces on this one are two POS interfaces on
> VIP4-80 in Slot5 and one FE interface in VIP4-80 in Slot0.
> By "busy" I mean that during peak times load on them looks
> like this:
>
> FastEther1: in - 18Mbit, out - 32Mbit
> POS OC3-1: in - 53Mbit, out - 77Mbit
> POS OC3-2: in - 120Mbit, out - 63Mbit
>
> Total load (mind that POS PA to POS PA traffic does go
> through MEMD on RSP, even if they are on the same VIP)
> comes to: 363Mbit times 2 (because all of this is on the same
> cybus) = 726Mbit.

Assuming you have dCEF on, traffic between two PAs on the same VIP does not
go via MEMD or cross the CyBus at all. Without dCEF, you're more likely to
kill the RSP before the CyBus.

> Considering cybus capacity is 1066Mbps, we get 726Mbps
> ~ 68% cybus utilization.

Also, realize each side of the 7576 has two CyBuses:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7505/cicg7500/cicg75
po.htm#xtocid249112

Moving some cards around may lower your load.