Re: [nsp] 7500 cybus utilization question

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 22:05:37 EDT

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 09:38:38AM -0500, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> Assuming you have dCEF on, traffic between two PAs on the same VIP does not
> go via MEMD or cross the CyBus at all. Without dCEF, you're more likely to
> kill the RSP before the CyBus.

dCEF is on of course, but there is a caveat: traffic between two POS OC3
PA's, even if they are on the same VIP, does go through MEMD.

> Also, realize each side of the 7576 has two CyBuses:

I do. ;)

> Moving some cards around may lower your load.

At this point in time things look like thhat there is double-counting
somewhere. Either that, or my 7500's somehow flipped into cxbus mode.
*sigh*.

The point of my investigation is to find out why my sy0bus is reporting
unreasonable high load (no traffic passing through the router does add up to
the reported ~80% utilization (it's rather closer to 40%), unless double
counting is happening).

SY,

--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au