RE: [nsp] Re[4]: [nsp] CCIE certification track?

From: Cheung, Rick (Rick.Cheung@NextelPartners.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 16:57:10 EDT

        Hmmm. I've read through the DA and DP books, and I've found that the
3 tiered model was most comprehensively covered in the BCMSN book. For
example, in the Cisco Press DA book, half the book was the core content, and
the other half consisted of the glossary and the Appendixes.

        I felt the DP book was mostly glossed over material from the BSCN
and BCMSN books; nothing too specific, mostly summaries.

        I stopped trying for a DP after arguing with a senior tech on the
benefits of traffic-shaping. He didn't feel there was any correlation
between output drops, the speed mismatch from the core to the remote site,
and subsequently, poor performance at the remote site. This was after he
passed the BCRAN exam a few weeks ago.

Rick Cheung
NPI IT Wan Team, CCNP