[nsp] Re[4]: [nsp] CCIE certification track?

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan-nsp@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 14:55:27 EDT

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:52:43 +0000 MPLS Newbie <routernewbie@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is taking the extra test for DP when you already have the NP worth
> while? besides the obvious stuff (more letters behind your resume).

I think so, yes - I always encourage people to do the CCDA after the CCNA.
There are quite a lot of CCNPs out there who haven't got a clue about
network design basics because they didn't even do the CCDA. IME, it's
eaiser to maintain a network and suggest improvements if you understand the
two/three layer model.