RE: [nsp] CCIE certification track?

From: Beatty Lane-Davis (bldavis@hyperchip.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 15:02:55 EDT

>Last time I checked to be a CCIE the only pre-req now is to be CCNA. NP is

>not a required thing.

Nope. No requirements other than passing the written qualifier and the lab.

>I also heard that the 1 day format for the lab is a lot easier than the 2
>day.. anyone care to comment on that?

Not my experience. Nor the experience of several high profile CCIE's who
were asked to come back in and evaluate the one day.

>Security is suppose to be the next hot thing.

Depends on who one talks to of course...

Iwan, I think the biggest question you should be asking yourself is what
sort of stuff do you mind studying the least. Regardless of which track you
choose you're going to have to learn some stuff you'd really rather not.
Would you rather cram on IBM stuff for R&S or MPLS for C&S. Where would you
rather focus your efforts: ISP\Telco or Enterprise?
Good luck.