Re: BGP routing questions

From: I Stong (routerman@briefcase.com)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 14:30:36 EDT

Just a quick followup regarding my earlier post.

To influence OUTBOUND traffic to the internet to take one router over another (regardless of which router the traffic came in) I would tweak BGP preferences such as local pref, metric, etc using route maps and such.

Is that a fair summarization and grasp of the concept?