[nsp] CEF Inquiry

From: James Caasi (jamesky@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 03:00:28 EST

Hello,

     We are having problems with some file access on our site. The remote
users are putting the file onto our servers but when they try to access the
files, they could not seem to open it.

     We have 2 connections of the same bandwidth to the remote end on a
frame relay link. The CEF is enabled on the router globally and it is active
on the ethernet port and the 2 serial port connected to the frame relay
(both going to the remote).

     We suspect that the two links are the problem. I know for a fact that
you cannot use CEF on an interface that has policy routing enabled and no
policy routing exists on the router. Should I disable the CEF on the
ethernet port? Is the CEF causing the file corruption?

Thanks,
James