Re: Service Provider and the 7600?

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 04:37:16 EST

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 09:21:29AM +0100, Simon Leinen wrote:
> The functionality I miss most compared to the 7500s we have been using
> is full NetFlow v5 accounting information. The OSR exports NetFlow v7
> (like all Catalyst 6500s :-), and the Sup2 version of NetFlow v7 is
> missing a few really important fields.

Do you know whether that's "in the works"? Netflow accounting, preferably
netflow prefix and AS aggregation, is one of the things that would hurt
is most if missing (because it would mean "change the way the network is
doing accounting right now" instead of "just put in a new machine").

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de