Re: Service Provider and the 7600?

From: Simon Leinen (simon@limmat.switch.ch)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 19:51:08 EST

> Could you elaborate which fields are missing on Sup2? I'm only
> using v7 with Sup1 and apart from some bugs (which took Cisco
> over a year to fix) and missing AS informationen, I'm quite
> happy.

Well, I haven't tried the Sup1, but with the Sup2 you seem to be
losing a few more fields, in particular the input and output
interfaces are no longer set. This I find very annoying, because I am
currently using this information to decide whether I should count
flows as transit, external traffic, or internal traffic.

> There's no Netflow aggregation for v7 AFAIK, so that
> might be a problem when traffic increases on my boxes. Does v7
> export with Sup2 have AS information? Aggregation?

If you use aggregation, then you will use a v8 format (can be done in
parallel with others). But I don't know whether/which aggregations
are supported on the Sup2.

--
Simon.