Re: Odd T1 problem

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 14:47:19 EST

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 11:14:42AM -0500, jlewis@lewis.org wrote:
> The new router at the customer end says the line is up/up (looped).

Now *this* is something I have seen before. A short circuit somewhere
or something in a switch that loops back one end, but transmit data from
there properly to the other end. If you use HDLC, you will see the
"non-looped" end going up and down happily, and in "debug serial int",
you can see from the numbers going back and forth that indeed this is
what is happening (if it is).

[..]
> Now...how do I convince Bell it's their problem?

We usually call and say "hey, you have a problem here".

(But the problem is that your tests with the hardware loop plug should
not have worked if the scenario is really what it looks like... no
better ideas to offer, though).

gert

--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from *XMas Holiday*