Re: [nsp] Cisco 7204 VXR Fast Ethernet lock up after reconfiguration

From: jlewis@lewis.org
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 11:26:26 EST

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Jordi Bruguera wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm having trouble with a Cisco 7204 VXR.
> [NPE-225, 256 MB RAM, Dual FE, 1 ATM PORT, 4 Serial]
>
> Sometimes when you save the configuration to
> memory, one of the two FastEthernet devices
> becomes silent. Sometimes you get rid of
> this issuing "shut-no shut" in the device, but
> sometimes you have to "reload" the entire router.
> and upgraded the IOS to:
> IOS (tm) 7200 Software (C7200-IS-M), Version 12.2(4)T1,
> RELEASE SOFTWARE(fc1)
>
> ... and still the same. Anyone has seen something similar
> out there ?

My guess would be IOS bug. I've seen the same sort of thing (any access
to flash might shut down PA-T3 ports) early in the 12.0S train. Sometimes
a shut/no shut would fix it...sometimes a reboot. What other versions
have you tried? Do you really need to be running 12.2T code?

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |