Re: [nsp] GSR Engine 1/2/3/4? huh?

From: Tony Tauber (ttauber@genuity.net)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 15:04:48 EST

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Jared Mauch wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 07:41:22PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a document that explains the difference between "engine
> > 1", "engine 2", ..., "engine 4" line cards for the GSR?
> >
> > Is there a simple way to say "this one is better than that one",
> > like "the higher the number, the better the card"?
> >
> > gert

> the higher the number the better the card.

I think it's safer to say "the higher the number, the faster the card"

Different interface types come out on different Engine types.

For instance, Engine 4 is OC192 and QuadOC48 but doesn't
really offer "features" which Engine 3 is supposed to, though
for the lower speeds.

Faster != Better

You get the idea.

Tony