RE: [nsp] GRE Tunnel Performance

From: kevin graham (kgraham@dotnetdotcom.org)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 19:46:51 EST

> I've worked with tunneling on 7200's->2600's, and have noticed that in real
> life 5-6mbit/s will hose the 2600.

...on the subject (as I'm guessing this is due to beatign the 2600 alive
w/ fragmentation), what is the proper way of adjusting MTU on a tunnel?
'mtu' is unsettable (atleast on the various 12.{1,2} boxes I just
checked). There's 'ip mtu', but I'm guessing this applies to
router-generated packets, and doesn't control fragmentation of transit
packets.

Controlling this would be nice, so PMTU-D could atleast have a chance at
working. Someone please slap me if I'm reading all the wrong things into
this...

..kg..