RE: [nsp] GRE Tunnel Performance

From: Turpin, Mark (MTurpin@chartercom.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 10:34:19 EST

<snip>
min/avg/max = 1/1/1 ms which perfect. What can be the reason of the poor
telnet responce? Does this mean that the tunnelling performance is low? Is
there a workaround?
<snip>

I've worked with tunneling on 7200's->2600's, and have noticed that in real
life 5-6mbit/s will hose the 2600. I would in that case ask, what kind of
routers are you using to terminate the tunnels? From what I've seen,
smaller packets [pings] making it just fine, whereas traffic to the router
itself could be quite lagged, if you even establish a connection. Try
changing your datagram size to 1500, and see if the pings make it through at
1ms.

/mt

 "The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."