[nsp] Which IOS for 5300-192

From: Robert J. Adams (radams@siscom.net)
Date: Tue Nov 09 1999 - 17:44:25 EST

Hello all,

What IOS is everyone running on their 5300-192's? Ours came shipped with
12.0(3)T .. which seems to of had problems with ISDN callers.. it wouldn't
connect. Anyway, we moved to 12.0.5T and the ISDN problem went away, but
we had 10x as many complaints about disconnections. After checking into it
we noticed that it would knock everyone offline at the same time, then
start taking calls again. I grabbed 12.0(6.5)T, and none of the modems
would accept calls (fast busy). Today we moved to 12.0(5)T2 .. all seems
well so far... but dammit... I tired of running buggy ass IOS! If only 11.3
would run the damn DMMs on the 192.

We also noticed on 12.0(5)T1 the box would start dropping about 25% of the
packets going through fe0 after running for a few hours. The box started
to craw... a "sh proc" only had 5% of the CPU used though. During the same
time, a "sh user" listed all of the lines (192) being used... when the box
only has 2 PRI plugged in. People were getting kicked off, when they called
back it put them on again w/o removing the old login. Strange.

Anyway... sorry for the rambling.. I've just had a long day and this 5300
is about to be tossed out a window from the 21st floor. Thank god I have
it on eval.. I would be even more pissed if I had dropped the cash for it
already.

-Jason

--
Robert J. Adams radams@siscom.net http://www.siscom.net