PPTP bug...

From: KF (kf@reign.sk)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 03:52:46 EST

Heyla,

hmmm tryed to setup PPTP with MPPE at CAT5 RSM running 12.2.7a...

found that after certain of time... let's say days, when client is authentificated, he get IP connection for few seconds and then he
is not able to communicate with any other VLANS .... Only possible communication is to the CAT5 RSM (any IP address)... the route is
installed and ...hmm also presented in CEF table..
exactly the same behavior I've found in 1605R 12.1.3T (and also in interrim 12.1.4T).... damnn....

So after few days, when the trouble starts, ..tryed to disable any switching pathes over Virtual-Template...

It helped for few minutes.........

only reload is a solution...

Is somebody using such inferior feature as PPTP ?

Also saw problems when negotiating with MS Win 2K SP2 PPTP client (MPPE negotiation)... when I have permited "ppp encrypt mppe auto
passive", cannot negotiate ENCRYPTION ... because there is response from WIN2K client and IOS do not understand it...

simmilar "sh#t" happen years ago with MS CBCP negotiation and mine 2511 .... the problem was that niether Cisco nor Micro$oft could
deal who's failure it is... (each client WIN95;NT4.0 negotiating differently MS CBCP options..) so when client wanted to have an
option to select or not call back... it was messed up...

cheers

alex