Re: [nsp] Dialup modem to serial port configuration

From: Josh Duffek (jduffek@cisco.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 00:59:13 EST

1. Does the "pstn modem" have an async or sync serial interface? I assume
it is rs232?

2. Do you have a "CAB232-MT="" type cable? This is the cable you use to
hook up a rs232 interface on a modem to a v35 serial interface on your
router.

3. Does your "V.35 serial port" allow you to configure "physical-layer
async"?

4. Sh diag/sh ver/sh run/sh line?

If you can set your modem to dial on assertion of dtr then you can configure
"dialer dtr" on your serial interface.

If you want the modem to dial AT style, then configure "dialer in-band" and
use a map/string to tell the modem what number to dial.

If you are doing async to the modem you may have to configure a chat-script.

Do a search on cco for "access cookbook" and you can find some tips.

Josh