Re: [nsp] ospf link

From: Harold Ritter (hritter@cisco.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 09:56:19 EST

Dhiman,

I'm not too certain what your topology is but R3 and R2 should have their
respective directly connected interface in the same area. Can you tell us
more about your topology.

At 06:52 AM 3/28/2002 -0500, Dhiman Barman wrote:
>Hi,
> I cannot explain this:
>
> B1-----------------------------------B6
> | |
> R1-B2-----------B4-R2-I22------II33--R3
> | Area 1 Area 2
> B3
>

> Interface I22 and Interface I33 belong to different areas although
>connected physically. On configuring OSPF (Bs denote Area 0),
>I traceroute from R3 to I22 and the route shows that packets
>go directly from R3 to interface I22 w/o entering backbone.
>

>Why should this happen ?
>

>dhiman

Harold Ritter, CCIE 4168
Advanced Network Services - ISP East
Cisco Systems
300 Apollo Drive
Chelmsford, MA 01824 USA
Phone: 978 497 3129
Fax: 978 497 3129
Cisco Systems- "Empowering the Internet Generation."